Monday, October 27, 2008

Day two...


Being new to the blog world I have been doing my homework by studying other blogs and I must confess, I am a bit overwhelmed with how lovely they all look and how interesting everyone is. And frankly, it sort of brings out the insecure side of me...that's my bad side. Also my big side. Bigger than my backside. Bigger than my front side, which I always thought was my biggest side, but I know that my insecure side is my biggest side. That's the side I try hardest to hide.

So far I have told only three people about this blog and even then I am nervous about them reading it. But I have determined to do this. I want to share my thoughts and ideas here. I am a very open person and sometimes I say things before really thinking it through. But I've found that writing things have always seemed to be the better option for me. I can backspace and redo my words and thoughts many times before sending it out. And even then, I can get myself into trouble. Thankfully I don't really have anything to hide. Except for the above mentioned insecure side - but that's why we're here.

I want to be clever, and witty, and smart and deep...those are sides of me I'm not sure are really in me. I'm just hoping. Honestly, I am a bit of a plagiarizer when it comes to a lot of things. I don't think I have very many original thoughts. But then again, I don't think I think about it like that when I do have an original thought (trust me, I really am backspacing and redoing a lot of my thoughts here, really). I guess I just have a thought of my own and go with it and don't take the time to say, Ooh, that's my very own thought. So we're just going to see how it goes.

So for a little plagiarism. Here is a line from a blog written by a good friend, and it describes me so well. It describes what happened to my husband and me almost a year ago. It describes this blog. It describes why I get excited about new and different things in life each day. To me it describes why we should be content with whatever God allows to come along in life. We may view it as good or bad, but at some point we should be able to see the good in the unexpected.

"I must say that even though each of us may at times find a bend in the road that we had not expected...good things can come from taking that new path."


Amen.

No comments: